The OLDtronics Monitor has been designed as a replacement for the TAGtronic System Monitor (V5).
TAGtronic System Monitor was designed to work in the DOS operating system on particular laptops using PCMCIA cards that are no longer available.
The OLDtronics Monitor will run on the latest versions of Windows using a generic USB device to communicate to the ECU, the intention being to ‘future proof’ the system to enable these old TAGtronic ECU’s to be used long into the future.
- See all the measured values such as pressures, temperatures, revs etc.
- Look at logged minimum and maximum values to see where temperatures peaked, for example.
- Inspect the operation of all the strategies such as fueling, ignition, gearbox, throttle etc.
- See if any faults have been detected by the system.
- Clear any faults and check whether they re-occur.
- Download any logged data and see what happened on track.
- Save a snapshot of all the values to a log-file and e-mail it to an expert for further analysis.
- Program and tune the ECU.
- Through the use of generic Windows desktop sharing tools, allow an expert to use OLDtronics Monitor across the Internet.
A demo version can be downloaded from HERE:
After installing, select a demo configurations using the File/Open Demo menu:
- McLaren F1 (road car)
- Porsche GTR (GT2 from 1995-)
- TAG2000 (F1 race car)